Chief Operating Officer
McCreadie Group, Inc
Elena Stegemann is the Chief Operating Officer at McCreadie Group, Inc., headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Previous to her role with McCreadie Group, she was the Director of International Business at NuStep, Inc, a manufacturer of healthcare and exercise equipment in Ann Arbor. Under her leadership the company had expanded its international presence to over 25 countries and was a two time recipient of the President’s E Award. Ms. Stegemann’s career includes roles of growing responsibility in Engineering, Management and International Business. She is passionate about international trade as it allows US companies to diversify their revenue streams and to showcase the quality of US made goods in the global marketplace. She is fluent in Russian, holds a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Toronto and an MBA from Emory University. Qualifications:
- Member of the East Michigan District Export Council since 2011. Has sat on the Legislative Outreach, as well as the Strategic Planning Committees.
- During 2012 – 2016 served on and chaired the Industry Trade Advisory Committee (ITAC- 4), which advises the US Secretary of Commerce and the US Trade Representative on issues pertaining to US trade policy with respect to Consumer Goods.
- Authored an advisory report on TPP (along with ITAC-4) addressed to Ambassador Froman in the Office of the US Trade Representative.
- Frequent speaker at national and international venues on issues pertaining to Foreign Trade. Speeches have included such varied audiences as the European Commission, The Atlantic Council, and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Testified in front of Congress (Senate Finance Committee) in 2015 in favor of Trade Promotion Authority.
- Guest lecturer at University of Michigan Ross School of Business on International Marketing, mentor to numerous student groups studying international business.