Over 130 District Export Council members, Department of Commerce officers and Industry representatives attended the 2018 NADEC Forum and Export Symposium to share the recent developments and work on the pressing issues on U.S. foreign trade and exporting.
Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross addresses the NADEC Export Symposium attendees and provides updates on the recently negotiated USMCA agreement, steel tariffs, and the U.S. economical outlook
Congratulations to Erin Butler, Executive Secretary of the Year, 2018
Congratulations to Maryland DEC, District Export Council of the Year, 2018. (Press Release)
NADEC members with the U.S. Secretary of Commerce, Wilbur Ross
This year our speakers included:
– Wilbur Ross (U.S. Secretary of Commerce)
– Ian Steff (Performing the non exclusive functions and duties of the Assistant Secretary for Global Markets and Director General of the U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service)
– Tom McGinty (National Director, U.S. Commercial Service)
– Kris Denzel (Senior Director for International Policy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce)
with panels on
- How to Get Started/Re-engaged as a DEC Member
- Taking Your DEC to the Next Level
- DEC Manual Updates
- Congressional Engagement Methods
- Providing Direct Business Assistance
as well as DoC ITA Updates and Speed Networking sessions.
And several panels focusing on the key export issues and updates:
- NAFTA – USMCA
- Doing Business Where Others Don’t Dare: Russia, Turkey, Cuba
- Tariffs – China and Everywhere Else
- The Commercial Piece of the New Indo-Pacific Strategy Policy of the Commerce Department
- Exim Bank – Show me the Money!
More photos from the event are here