2017 Executive Secretary of the Year Award presented to Greg Sizemore of North Carolina DEC by Dr. Robert Brown, Chair, National DEC, and Erin Walsh, Asst Secretary and Director General of US and Foreign Commercial Service
2017 is the inaugural year for the National District Export Council’s Executive Secretary of the Year Award. We are pleased to be able to recognize the outstanding support provided by our colleagues at the Commercial Service which contributes to the successful operation of a District Export Council. We received nominations from DECs across the country and had a number of very well qualified candidates.
Nominees were evaluated by National District Export Council Members using the following criteria:
- Company Outreach: Achievements in attracting community interest and new members to the mission of the DEC. Contributions include the development of new programs and/or initiatives to reach out to the local business community.
- Innovation: Outstanding innovation in assisting the DEC to promote its activities. Examples include new programs, novel techniques or new approaches to trade promotion through the auspices of the DEC.
- Strategic Management: Exemplary performance to develop a DEC plan (as explained in the DEC manual) that aligns resources to short-term and longer-term goals, and a demonstration of strategic targets met during the course of the year.
- Peggy Pauley, Kentucky and Southern Indiana DEC
- Greg Sizemore, North Carolina DEC
- Patricia Cook, Iowa DEC
- Ryan Kanne, Minnesota DEC
- John Holman, Hawaii Pacific Export Council
- Matt Andersen, San Diego and Imperial DEC
- Fred Latuperissa, California Inland Empire DEC
- Kenneth Mouradian, North-Central West Florida DEC
- Jessica Gordon, North Texas DEC
While all the nominations highlighted outstanding work- National DEC felt that Greg Sizemore demonstrated everything we were looking for in our first Executive Secretary of the Year.
And congratulations to North Carolina; you’re fortunate to have such a dedicated and committed public servant.