In cooperation with the U.S. Department of Commerce, the 2016 National DEC Forum provided an update on the latest trends impacting exports and your DEC. This year’s Forum activities included the following:
- Opening remarks – Philip Pittsford (IL-DEC), Chair Emeritus
- Remarks from the U.S. Department of Commerce – Antwuan Griffin, Deputy Assistant Secretary, for US Operations, U.S. Commercial Service
- Introduction of new officers at National DEC
- Committee annual reports with Q & A and Comments
– Trade and Legislative by Dr. Robert Brown (KY DEC), Chair – Communications & Outreach by Philip Pittsford (IL DEC) – Social Media/website by Dr. Oz Erdem (North-Central West FL DEC)
- Trade Americas Initiative Presentation by Dr. Oz Erdem
- Panel discussion on Trade with the Americas Region
– Dr. Robert Brown – moderator – John Andersen, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Western Hemisphere, U.S. Commercial Service, U.S. Department of Commerce – Philip Pittsford – Dr. Oz Erdem
- Keynote speaker: Judy Reinke, Deputy Director General, U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Presentation of DEC of the Year Award
- ITA Legislative Priorities- Discussion, updates and Q & A
Jordan Haas, Director of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs, International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce
Save the Dates! September 22 – 23rd, 2016
Learn more about the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), Its Importance to You and How You Can Be Engaged.
2016 National DEC Fourth Annual International Trade Symposium
September 22, 2016 – Thursday, Washington, DC
• Morning Session: International Trade Symposium. Organized in cooperation with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, to be held at the Vietnam House in D.C. Vietnam is a key player in TPP Negotiations.
• Afternoon Session: Meetings on Capitol Hill with our respective elected officials and/or staff to discuss TPP.
• Evening: Reception on Capitol Hill.
To register, go to Fourth Annual International Trade Symposium registration
2016 National DEC Forum
September 23, 2016 – Friday, Washington, DC
Organized in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Commerce, to be held at the Ronald Reagan International Trade Center building. Come learn about the latest trends impacting exports and your DEC.
To register, go to 2016 National DEC Forum registration.
Join us at these important events. Details and an agenda will be available as we move closer to the event.
The National DEC will host the annual National Conference of the DECs in Washington, D.C. on October 2-3, 2014. The annual Conference will consist of two events – the 2014 National DEC Forum on October 2 and the Second Annual International Trade Symposium on October 3.
The title of the 2014 National DEC Forum is “Roadmap for Success”. The Forum will consist of three broad themes- 1. DEC Mission Statements and Goal Setting; 2. DEC Website and Social Media Utilization; and 3. Driving Results – Utilizing DEC Committees. These themes were chosen based upon a nationwide survey conducted of DEC Chairs in which DEC Chairs were asked to select the topics they considered to be most important for the success of their DECs. The Forum will include a general overview of these themes and then will break into three individual tracks in which all attendees will participate. As in years past, the Forum has also been designed to engender substantial attendee participation. The Forum is open only to DEC members and associates and is also closed to the media. Following the conclusion of the Forum an evening reception will be held which can be used for networking and which will also be open to invited guests of DEC members.
The Second Annual International Trade Symposium, sponsored by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. The Symposium will focus on current trade promotion initiatives including Trade Promotion Authority, the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the Trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, other pertinent trade initiatives. The Symposium will also examine the current state of foreign non-tariff barriers and market access issues such as standard, intellectual property protection and regulatory barriers. Also invited to participate will be keynote remarks from the Chairman of the U.S. Export-Import Bank and the U.S. Secretary of Commerce. The International Trade Symposium, which will be held at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, is open to the public.
The National DEC will host the 2013 annual meeting of the DECs in Washington, D.C. on November 7-8. The annual meeting will consist of two events-the 2013 DEC Forum on November 7 and the 2013 International Trade Symposium on November 8.
The DEC Forum, which is open only to DEC members and associates, will be held at the Ronald Reagan International Trade Center. The Forum will consist of a series of panel discussions on DEC Best Practices and Exporting Best Practices and is designed to engender substantial audience participation. There will also be a working lunch during which the DEC of the Year Nominees will make short presentations and the DEC of the Year Award will be given. Following the conclusion of the Forum an evening reception will be held which can be used for networking and which will also be open to invited guests of DEC members.
The 2013 International Trade Symposium, which will be jointly presented by the National DEC and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, is intended to be an annual program that will provide an update of current trade issues via a series of panel discussions by key government and non-government personnel and experts. Audience participation through Q&A will be encouraged as well. The International Trade Symposium, which will be held at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, is open to the public.