Date & Time
10 August 2022 -
10:00 am - 11:00 am GMT-0500
The U.S. Commercial Service, New Jersey District Export Council (NJDEC) and the Bureau of Industry & Security (BIS) are pleased to offer an informative and timely webinar outlining the basics of what you need to know concerning export controls.
You are responsible for the items you export, who you sell them to, and where you sell them – not your freight forwarder. If you export to a restricted country or person, or for a restricted end use, you are held accountable.
Educate yourself so you are aware of the regulations concerning exporting. This seminar is for ALL EXPORTERS – Don’t think this topic doesn’t effect you because you export a non-technical product – export controls effect everyone!
Join us for this one hour webinar which will provide an overview of the basics:
• What is export control?
• What is the purpose of export control?
• How does it work – end use, end user, country of use?
• Watchlist screening
• What products are controlled
• Export Control Classification Numbers
• What is an HTS Code/Schedule B Number?
• What’s the difference between an ECCN and an HTS/Schedule B?
• Why it’s important to get these classifications correct
• Susan Widmer, Director, Northern NJ Commercial Service
• Terry Blake, Export Compliance Manager/FSO, Licensed Customs Broker, Merrimac Industries, Inc./Crane Aerospace & Electronics
• Robert Dugan, Assistant Special Agent in Charge, Office of Export Enforcement, Bureau of Industry & Security