Date & Time
14 November 2022 - 18 Nov 2022
This 3 day / 4 night trade mission to Georgetown, Guyana will be packed with business briefings, site visits, networking and more.
This trade mission to Georgetown, Guyana is sponsored by the Louisiana District Export Council. U.S. companies and organizations are invited to join the business development delegation, which will be arranged with the U.S. Commercial Service New Orleans, and hosted in partnership by the U.S. Embassy Guyana and AmCham Guyana. Participants will enjoy gaining the latest business intelligence, site visits, market entry guidance and networking with Guyana government officials, companies, and key economic organizations with the aim of developing the knowledge, connections and partnerships needed to succeed in this dynamic market.
- Meet: U.S. Embassy officials, foreign buyers, local facilitators, ministry officials, and public / private stakeholders.
- Learn: About new and developing opportunities in this market for energy, infrastructure, renewables, healthcare, and agribusiness.
- Grow: Chart your course to success through market briefings, introductions to key stakeholders, networking opportunities, and site visits.
This event is open to any U.S. company, non-profit or government agency interested in fostering greater partnerships in Guyana. For details, see below…
- November the 14th and 18th are designated travel days, or optional extension days for travelers wishing to spend more time making their own connections in Guyana.
- Reduced room rates are available under a limited group contract at the Marriott Hotel Georgetown on a first come-first served basis until October 20. The room block includes availability from November 13 – November 19.
- Participants must complete a four-step process to register and book their own travel:
- Participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements. Flights to/from Georgetown, Guyana are limited, and should be booked directly with your preferred airlines as soon as possible.
- Participants must register via this Eventbrite portal. By completing this registration, participants confirm that their own passports will be valid for at least six months past the mission dates (i.e. May 2023), and have at least one blank page for entry stamp, or that they will take the necessary steps to receive a new passport in time to participate. Guyana does not require visas for U.S. passport holders.
- After registration on Eventbrite, mission fee invoices for $900 will be sent to registrants, for payment directly to the Louisiana District Export Council (LDEC), which is a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliated with the U.S. Commercial Service of the U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration.
- After mission fees are received by LDEC, the group reservation link for the Marriott Hotel Georgetown will be provided to mission participants for self-booking. The reservation link expires on October 21. Other hotel accommodations may be booked at the discretion of participants, but ground transportation to/from those locations and the Marriott Hotel Georgetown will be the responsibility of those participants.
Contact the U.S. Commercial Service New Orleans for more information on the event including the itinerary and hosted events covered by the mission fee. We can also give you expert guidance on how to expand exporting of your U.S. products and services to customers anywhere in the world: