National District Export Council launches the “Americas Outreach Initiative” program. This program is designed to counter the wave of protectionism regarding existing and proposed Free Trade Agreements, particularly for the Americas region. Main objective of this initiative is to build support for our trade policies and trade agreements specifically within our Hispanic community country-wide. NDEC considers the following actions as part of the Americas Outreach Initiative roadmap:
– Communication of the good news of how our SME exporters and their Latin American partners have benefited from these Free Trade Agreements, and
– Communication of our many trade agreement successes to the public and our large exporting community, but with the addition of new partners to develop export sales in these markets.
In order to pursue these goals, NDEC plans to organize and promote the organization through the DECs seminars, webinars and meetings focusing on TTP, success of exporters in utilization of the existing FTAs in Americas, as well as export opportunities in Latin America for the U.S. exporters. Key partners of the National DEC in this initiative will include the following organizations:
– U.S. Export Assistance Centers (USEAC),
– U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC),
– American Association Chambers of Commerce in Latin America and the Caribbean (AACCLA), and
– American Chambers of Commerce (AmCham).
For further information, please see the charter at NDEC_AmericasInitiative_7_1_16, or contact NDEC Steering Committee members Tom Norwalk (email@example.com) and Ozkan Erdem (firstname.lastname@example.org)