By Dr. Robert Brown, NADEC Chair Emeritus
US Exim Bank helps US companies export:
- Provides financing for US exports
- Export Credit Insurance: assigns foreign receivables to US lenders
- Working Capital Guarantee: covers standby letters of credit
- Term Financing for goods and related services
- Financing may be too expensive in overseas markets. For instance, in Argentina local borrowing costs are about 60%. US Ex-Im Bank can provide financing at 8.5%.
- Can finance up to 95% of export value for credit insurance
- Gives US exporters longer period to repay – up to 18 years for term financing
- Even the smallest companies can benefit from Ex-Im Bank support. No company or deal is too small.